Sunday 4 December 2016

Very Proud

On Friday afternoon my husband and I drove to Kingston (about two and a half hours from home) where our daughter attends Queen's U.  We went to watch her perform in the Queen's Dance Club recital.  Given what's happened to me in the last little while I didn't think I could go because I am on oxygen.  I knew that I could travel there on a portable tank that I fill with a unit at home but once I got there and the portable unit had run out than what?  I contacted the company that supplies the oxygen and they were more than happy to have a unit waiting in our hotel room.  My daughter and even my husband didn't expect me to come.  However, I have missed the last two recitals and I know my daughter was extremely disappointed.  I was determined to go.  The morning before we left my daughter texted me, "how are you feeling today?" I know that meant that despite her best efforts she was really hoping that I was going to be there.

I think that maybe I recovered well enough from my recent hospital stay just so that I could go to see my kid.  First of all, we haven't seen her since the middle of October and the show was fabulous.  Our daughter (little bragging here or as Jews say, "Kvelling") is extremely talented.  She is always from and centre in every dance.  But what impressed me the most was the tap class she choreographed and taught.  Not all dancers can dance and teach.

We came home last night and I was showered and in bed by 9:30.  Travel makes me tired and I was wrecked.  But it was so worth it!  I'm not only proud of my daughter but of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment