Wednesday 10 June 2015

Family

Last Sunday was a beautiful day as our family celebrated my in-laws' 60th wedding anniversary.  A party with all their children, grandchildren and great-grandchild as well as many of their friends.  Had a chef preparing fresh crepes, a beautiful buffet brunch and a three tiered cake, each tier circled with old pictures of them and their growing family (yes, you could eat the pictures!).  We all stood outside in the sunshine for pictures as well.  We are a family of 21 and get together every Friday for the Sabbath meal at my in-law's house.  Not everyone is always there but we always have a substantial crowd.  My MIL does all the cooking herself.  At 79 years of age, it is what keeps her going, she says.  She also happens to be a fantastic cook.  You know, the kind of person who likes to read recipe books instead of novels.  She says cooking is her hobby.  (So the opposite of me!).  When she isn't doing that, she takes my father-in-law to all of his dr's. appointments and me to mine.  I really have no idea what I would do without this woman in my life.  She is my mom and also my friend.  She has taught me how to raise my kids so that they will be close as well as how to be a mother-in-law myself someday.  Happy Anniversary to two of the best people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment