Wednesday 3 June 2015

Little blue pills

These headaches are consuming me.  The prescription I have for oxycontin only works some of the time.  Usually I can get about three or four hours out of it.  In that time I try to work on my book, tidy up the house, spend time with my daughter who is home for the summer, get some errands done.  I have given up on meeting friends for lunch because I can't commit.  My husband loves to entertain but we haven't had people over in months, except for family, and his weekly Thursday night scotch drinking doesn't count, apparently.  I always go and say hello to his friends but I basically stay in our bedroom, writing or watching TV.  I am aware that I keep writing about the pain I am in but a blog is a place for one to say what they're feeling or thinking about.

Every Sunday night I make a list of everything I need to do during the week and the day I'm supposed to do it.  I have to admit I don't always make it to the end of the list.  Does any one finish their "to do" lists?  I doubt it.  If I think that way it makes it easier for me to realize I may not get to the end of the list. I'd love to hear your comments on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment