Thursday 3 March 2016

Procrastination

I promised myself on my birthday in January that I would write every day.  Well, now it's March and I haven't written anything new, just keep editing what I have.  It's Thursday so even if I start to write today I have a lot of errands to do tomorrow (there are no groceries in this house, not to mention dry cleaning to go in and having some pictures printed).  In fact, I haven't shopped since the kids were here 2 weeks ago for their reading week.  When I was in university reading week was a time to go somewhere warm with a bunch of friends and party.  Now, my daughter in 2nd year had to study mostly because she had two mid-terms as soon as she got back to school.  My son took the time to apply for jobs.  He will be graduating at the end of April as an Engineer in Systems and Design.  He had two interviews while he was home and is coming back on Monday for another.  He also got an offer on one of his previous interviews.  Yes, I'm bragging and proud. "Kvelling" we call it, the Jewish word for a parent bursting with pride.

But back to my procrastination.  I will write a few pages tonight and do my errands tomorrow and continue on Saturday while my husband is in his office catching up on his paperwork.  Writing these small details of my life here feels like a promise to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment